Safe, fun, outdoor activity while maintaining social distance
As a good neighbor during this Covid-19 pandemic, we are launching our free Walk-My-Dog Program.
What is the Walk-My-Dog Program?
Walk your own dog(s) on your own schedule and on your own route to win prizes.
Why do it?
Fear, anxiety and stress are at an all-time high. Getting outdoors and walking your dog decreases anxiety and stress and increases your bond even while social distancing.
Studies show that folks who have a training partner are more likely to stay motivated and fit – and that is especially true if your training partner is a dog!
Pull out the leash and the tail is wagging – how can you say no?
Who can participate?
- All ages
- Clients, non-clients
- Dog-owners, non-dog-owners
Ready, Set, Walk!
Track Your Distance
- Walkers can use any route, any time of day, as long as they are also walking with a dog.
- Walk your dog, a friend’s dog or even with your family group walking a dog.
- Participate on our Facebook page sharing your tips and photos for great neighborhood routes and memories.
Engage on Social Media
- Email your walking photos to email@example.com for use on our Facebook, Instagram (FamilyPetHealthTN) and website to help encourage others to keep going!
- Be on the lookout for fun weekly social media challenges for your chance to win additional prizes.
- Use the hashtags #walkmydog #familypethealth #wagitbetter on your social media posts.
Weekly Social Media Challenge
Week 5 (June 1-6) Challenge:
Week 6 (June 7-13) Challenge:
Meet Your Goal and Win!
- You can submit your mileage weekly on our website to be added to our weekly leaderboard.
- All logs are due by July 14.
- Walkers may only count the distance walked from May 1st to June 30th.
Prizes (choose your level based on mileage)
- Each individual who turns in a log, will be entered into a drawing for a Free Fear Free physical at our clinic
- 15 miles – Squeaky Ball
- 30 miles – Doggie waste bag
- 50 miles – t-shirt
- 75 miles – ½ off the price of a Fear Free comprehensive exam for your dog
PARTY!!!!!! Prizes will be awarded at our “Big Dog Party” to celebrate everyone’s participation in the #WalkMyDog challenge. Party will be held on July 18th. Location TBD
Overall Mileage Winners
Top distance walked in the following categories will be awarded additional prizes.
- Grade school (grade K-5)
- Secondary school (grade 6-12),
- Adult (age 18-54),
- Senior (age 55+).
- Toy Breed (1-10 pounds)
- Small Breed (11-25 pounds)
- Medium Breed (26-50 pounds)
- Large Breed (over 50 pounds)
“A dog is one of the remaining reasons why some people can be persuaded to go for a walk.”
— O.A. Battista
We want to give a special shout-out to Stacey from Animal Hospital at Auburn Hills for inspiring us with the Walk My Dog program concept and helping us put this event together. If you have a chance, visit their Facebook page and tell them “Thank you.”
Your preferred Murfreesboro, TN veterinarian.
At Family Pet Health, our team is here to help your pet live their healthiest life. A trip to the vet does not have to be stressful! We look forward to seeing you and your pets soon.
Have a question?
Get in touch!
Ready to come see us?
Schedule your next appointment online!
Our team is here to help when you need us most.