As the holiday season approaches, pet owners often find themselves indulging in festive feasts, but did you know that this time of year poses a heightened risk of pancreatitis for our furry companions? In this episode of The Family Pet Podcast, we are joined by Licensed Veterinary Medical Technician Stephanie Adams to unravel the complexities of pancreatitis in pets and discuss practical tips to ensure a safe and joyful holiday season for our four-legged friends.
- Understanding Pancreatitis:
- Stephanie provides insights into what pancreatitis is and why it becomes a concern during the holiday season.
- Common Holiday Culprits:
- Explore the festive foods and treats that could potentially trigger pancreatitis in pets.
- Prevention Strategies:
- Learn actionable tips on how to safeguard your pets against pancreatitis during holiday celebrations.
- Recognizing Signs and Symptoms:
- Stephanie walks us through the signs of pancreatitis and emphasizes the importance of prompt veterinary attention.
- Stephanie’s Expert Advice:
- Our guest shares her expertise on maintaining a pet-friendly holiday environment and offers alternatives to traditional treats.
As we gear up for the holidays, it’s crucial to prioritize our pets’ health and well-being. Tune in to this episode for valuable insights from Licensed Veterinary Technician Stephanie Adams, ensuring a safe and joyful celebration for both you and your furry family members.
Here are links to information we talked about today:
- American Animal Hospital Association explains What Is Pancreatitis?
- The Gobble Gobble Thanksgiving song from Matthew West
Got a question for Michael and Stephen? Run across something interesting you want to share with the show? Do you have a topic idea for a future episode? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for joining us on The Family Pet Podcast! Don’t forget to subscribe, and if you found this episode helpful, share it with fellow pet enthusiasts. Wishing you and your pets a happy and healthy holiday season!